Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is this 1099A form I don't have one and didn't have health insurance all year, why is this rejecting me when everything is complete and says its complete?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

What is this 1099A form I don't have one and didn't have health insurance all year, why is this rejecting me when everything is complete and says its complete?

To clarify, are you enrolled in the affordable care act? if not, why are you completing this section?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's forcing me to fill the form out in order to finish my taxes..I didn't fill out that form nor need to fill it out, which is why I'm confused on why I HAVE to fill this form out to complete my taxes..my taxes were rejected because of it..
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You may have indicated you you need to report your health insurance premium in the initial interview. This is for people that received a 1095A. 

Click on the deductions and credits section in the left black pane of your return. the Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A) should be listed there, Click on start.  First question should ask Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? Say no, I did not receive a 1095A form.

Now if you have submitted your return and the IRS is rejecting your return, then they have a record that you have a 1095A to report in your return. Perhaps you were on  a shared policy with a family member that you were not aware of. If you do not have a copy of your Form 1095-A, reach out to the Federally-facilitated Marketplace call center at 800-318-2596 or your State-based Marketplace. You may need to log into HealthCare.gov to see if you have 1095A on file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies