sgt_harveycf

What is the best Filing status for me... I have a wife with 2 children and wife's income is not reported. Married filing jointly or Head of household. I've been filing Head of Household for years beca

If you are married and live with your spouse you CANNOT legally file as HOH ... you file a joint return even if your spouse has no income. 

sgt_harveycf

Thank you. I submitted my return already (e-filed) as HOH. I was told years ago to file this way. Should have done more research. Hopefully, the IRS will reject the return then I can amend.