Solved: What is a state tax liability? It says I entered a...

afsf628

What is a state tax liability? It says I entered a number and I didn’t but I don’t knkw what it is or where the number came from

GiseleD
Intuit Approved!

A state tax liability means that you owe state taxes. To get a big-picture view of your tax returns and correct any typos, the best option is to look at the forms.

Here's how to look at your current year return forms:

• In the left-hand menu bar, click on Tax Tools, then click Tools.
  • Under Other helpful links, click View Tax Summary.
  • Your Tax Summary will be displayed. In the left-hand menu bar, you will see a new option: Preview My 1040. Click it, and this will allow you to see the forms. It is important to check your 1040 before you check your state return, as much of your entries on the 1040 will impact the state return.
  • If you want to view your state entries, Click on Tax Home in the left-hand menu bar. In the center of your screen, scroll down until you see State Taxes. Click on it to review your state entries.

GiseleD
Intuit Approved!