cssherman4

What do I put for a nonworking spouse is AIG? Return was rejected twice

My return has been rejected twice. First I put the amended AIG from my tax return last year. I fix that. Rejected again because I didn’t put in my spouses AIG. She does not work or have a W-2. But we are filing jointly. What do I put for her?

Rachel_W

If you filed jointly with your wife in 2017, you will put the same AGI for her as you did for yourself.

Rachel_W

damon417

I made the mistake of not E filing my 2018 return in time. So I mailed mine in in March 2020. However that didn’t record the AIG needed to file my 2019 taxes. So when I e-filed my 2019 taxes it didn’t have an AIG to compare so I had to put zero for my AIG and my spouse is AIG filing married jointly and she’s a stay at home housewife. I’m not sure if you’re in the same situation or not, but putting zero for both my AIG and my wife’s AIG allowed me to e-file my 2019 taxes.