Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

karona808

What do I do if my social security number is wrong under the employers info after uploading my w2 from walmart?

After uploading my w2 form from walmart...it asks me to review that particular section before moving on to the next section, as I am reviewing my job in for from walmarts w2....the section that had the employers info....my social security number is wrong but that section won't allow me to edit it. So here I am asking what should I do...I don't want to proceed and file my taxes knowing that there is a mistake that can lead to my refunds being delayed etc...
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

What do I do if my social security number is wrong under the employers info after uploading my w2 from walmart?

The best thing to do is to contact Walmart for a corrected w-2 especially if you continue to work for them. It will not sort out on it's own. The IRS gets copy of the W-2 and so does the Social Security Administration. Your SS tax payments will not get credited to you if the wrong SSN is on the W-2. If your employer refuses to fix the error, then contact the IRS for assistance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies