Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I choose when asked if the deceased person that I am filing for has a certified personal representative when I will be court-appointed, but it's still processing?

I am unsure what to do in this situation, as I have already mailed in the forms to the court and am waiting to be 'legally' appointed as my father's certified personal representative.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

What do I choose when asked if the deceased person that I am filing for has a certified personal representative when I will be court-appointed, but it's still processing?

Answer NO since you do not yet have the paperwork.

As the child of the deceased, you will be able to move forward in the program and file the return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Even if I will be appointed as the representative? Also, do I need to submit a 1310 form? If so, do I just mail it in and will I be penalized for mailing it in on the last day of taxes?

you should wait for the letters from the court.

IRS will want to see a photocopy.

You have to mail it in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies