Solved: What can i do when federal return was rejected bec...

What can i do when federal return was rejected because adjusted gross income figure from 2018 return does not agree with irs figure?

You can try using a zero, or call the IRS to see what 2018 AGI they have on file.

The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.

- The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
- Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
- Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
- Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
-Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
- When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
-After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
-Finally, press 2 for personal or individual tax questions. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

If you cannot get the correct AGI, you will have to mail in your tax return.

Hopefully your return will not get rejected.  If you filed an amended return in 2018, do not use the AGI from the amended return.

Thank you, now I wsill see if my return is rejected again. If so I will mail it in. The AGI number the IRS questioned is exactly what our 2018 return showed. Don'tmknow why it was rtejected.

I had this issue last year with my return. I had to put in my AGI for me and leave it blank for my spouse. Then it accepted the tax return. My AGI matched the IRS information for both my spouse and myself as well.