Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

'We won't be able to E-File your return due to 'You have Form 7206 Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for electronic filing.

I had success submitting on the Mac desktop home and business edition. 

'We won't be able to E-File your return due to 'You have Form 7206 Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for electronic filing.

Thank you for that information.  That just confirms that IT IS a Turbo Tax software issue and not a "You cannot file that form with e-file" bs.

Appears to be the case. 

@JClay91 FYI I also originally had the 7206 error using the PC Desktop Home and Business version but was able to successfully file on Feb 15: both IRS & my state have processed returns & sent refunds as of last week. I don't know if it was coincidence but I did step backwards to federal review step & then state before resubmitting.

What do you mean by you stepped back?  Like redid sections or just re-clicked through the stuff?

@JClay91 I didn't really redo but used those section labels\tabs at the tops to go "back in time" to be at or near the end of the federal steps so that I could use that [Federal Review] again and then it did make me click thru the State process again in order to reach its review again. Didn't take long.

3/15/24 - Home and Business (Windows).  I just got a EFILE Error due to Form 7206 stating "Data is missing or invalid and cannot be electronically filed at this time."  No error is generated in the FEDERAL REVIEW.  I went back and deleted the 7206 and recompleted the form, resubmitted and Error'd out again.

Got the same error message on 3/15/24.

@Jbeck FYI Message I had received Feb 12 was "You have form 7206 S-E Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for Electronic filing" After waiting on and then installing updates mid Feb I was able to re-review and e-file successfully. Using same TT version as you.

PL-VT,  hmm, I tried doing something like that twice. Went all the way back to the personal tab even and clicked through everything again.  This is so annoying.

Issue still exist as of 3/16/2024

Not sure how to get TT's prompt attention. Had send them the token three days back.

@JClay91 Sorry to hear that process didn't help you. Turbo Tax needs to resolve why too many folks still can't e-file.... seems staff no longer even comment on this thread!  I think those of us who were able to file are wondering why they aren't offering a universal solution.

Issue exists as of 03/18/2024

Desktop version and not able to file due to Form 7206 error...

Pc or Mac?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies