Solved: We had our first child march 24 2017. My girlfriend is going to claim him. Do I still out that I have a child and help support him?

teammjm4life

We had our first child march 24 2017. My girlfriend is going to claim him. Do I still out that I have a child and help support him?

DanielV01

No, you will not enter him.  The reason why is that your girlfriend is going to be claiming your child for all tax benefits.  If you enter the child's information into TurboTax on your return, it will likely cause E-file rejections either for your return or for hers.  Since you live together, only one of you may claim your child.

By the way, congratulations on your child's birth.

DanielV01