Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lewis411
Returning Member

W2 "dependent care benefits" will not clear a zero amount. Just goes to supporting details. Cannot efile with this "error".

First error occurred when my W2 had a 1 in the "control # box" Had to call company's accountant to find out it is not necessary! but it also wanted an entry in the "dependent care benefits" box. I put in 0. Turbo changed it to 0.00. I filed but it was rejected for Wife's AGI! Filed jointly. tried to re-efile. Still complains about entry in Box 10 of 0.00 and I cannot delete it!  Error message says for amounts <1.00, delete the amount and leave box 10 blank...it won't delete, it goes to the supporting detail window.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

W2 "dependent care benefits" will not clear a zero amount. Just goes to supporting details. Cannot efile with this "error".

"Error message says for amounts <1.00, delete the amount and leave box 10 blank"

Where do you see this error message? In the W-2 interview or later in the Federal review?

And what product are you using, the Online product or the CD/download product (and if the latter, on Windows or Mac)?

"it goes to the supporting detail window" - this sounds like it is in Forms mode (CD/download only), is it?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies