Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W-2 missing NJ temporary disability income

I was on disability leave for a few weeks this year - partially paid by the state of NJ and partially by my company (to get to my full salary). I received my W-2, and there's no "third party sick leave" on the W-2. My understanding is that it should be listed there. I asked my HR about it, and they say they didn't receive anything from NJ to put into the W-2, and NJ says that the employer needs to submit something.

I work for a very large company, and have coworker who gave birth this year, and her disability leave is included in her W-2. 

Should I be pushing the state or my company to get this right?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

W-2 missing NJ temporary disability income

Yes, you should push for the state and your company to address the issue.

For NJ, temporary disability benefits are considered third-party sick pay for both Social Security (FICA) and federal income tax purposes and must be reported on your federal income tax return. The portion of State Plan benefits paid to you that is attributable to your last employer’s contribution to those benefits will be included on your W-2 Form (Annual Earnings Statement). Contact your employer if this amount is missing on your W-2 form. The Division of Temporary Disability Insurance will not send you a W-2 form.

NJ Temporary Disability Insurance Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies