Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tx2023

Vested ISOs and Capital Asset Sales Worksheet and 1099B Supplemental Information

For ISOs that vested in 2023 but were not sold, on the Turbo Tax Capital Asset Sales Worksheet under Sale Results table, the Sale Proceeds column are itemized, but Adjustment Amount column is blank. I have the Adjusted Cost Basis on a Supplemental Information from my brokerage. How do I put this info into the Worksheet? It won't let me edit the form. During Turbo Tax Final Review, Turbo Tax asked me if these were long or short term gains and I put in short term (because it indicated I can't leave it blank) but then the final tax due went up for every lot that vested in 2023. I don't know how to fix this or go back and see where it all went wrong. The information input into Turbo Tax was downloaded directly from the brokerage. So maybe it was correct until the Final Review when it posed the single question about long or short term gain with no context as to what form or what changes this would cause. Now it looks like it's charging short term gains taxes on every lot vested, which it shouldn't since the shares only vested, but were not sold. Appreciate any help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies