Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mzkarim

Used Form 7004 for multi-partner LLC Tax Extension. After the extension I received Sch-K1. Is the tax filing considered an amendment or just a regular filing?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Used Form 7004 for multi-partner LLC Tax Extension. After the extension I received Sch-K1. Is the tax filing considered an amendment or just a regular filing?

"Is the tax filing considered an amendment or just a regular filing?"

It is a regular filing on extension from the original due date, not an amended return (Form 1065).

mzkarim

Ok great! so delete 1065X (Turbo Tax for some reason took me that direction) and only keep 1065. In the forms, Do I select initial return or final return on 1065?

Thanks much!

@mzkarim wrote:

Ok great! so delete 1065X (Turbo Tax for some reason took me that direction) and only keep 1065. In the forms, Do I select initial return or final return on 1065?

There is no such form as 1065X; for an amended 1065 return, "Amended return" is checked.

If you are filing the very first return for the entity, then you check "Initial return". If you are filing the very last return for the entity, then you check "Final return". 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies