Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

US Citizen Living Overseas with a Foreign Address

Hi, I live overseas and have a foreign address.   I have a debit card from the US, but the billing address is overseas.    So, TurboTax will not let me use the debit card to purchase software because they only accept billing addresses in the US or Canada.  So, wondering if anybody knows how to get around this.   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Dave.   I think my solution will be to use the IRS free file or the H&R Block Expat File.  Was hoping to stick with TurboTax, but it looks like they don't want Expat customers.    My card is from a US bank, but it's just that I have a foreign billing address (I can't change it back to be a US address).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You might use the solution that Dad 1669 used in the following Turbo Tax post.  Other than this, though, there is no other solution.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Dave........I'm not exactly sure what he was saying, but it kind of sounds like he is entering it online first and then paying.    And not sure if he changed his credit card billing address with the bank to be his former US address or what.   Did he change the address on the form to be his old US address before filing?   I just can't follow what he did.    

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It was a little difficult for me to follow the logic also but this was the only post I could find that offered a solution, such as it was. There weren't any other viable options. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Dave.   I think my solution will be to use the IRS free file or the H&R Block Expat File.  Was hoping to stick with TurboTax, but it looks like they don't want Expat customers.    My card is from a US bank, but it's just that I have a foreign billing address (I can't change it back to be a US address).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies