Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nc80

Updates May Disable Ability to Connect to Internet

The desktop app was activated and forms were completed. Went to purchase audit defense before filing. After clicking the "Sign In" button to complete the purchase, a window quickly appeared and disappeared. Tried to sign in from the "File" menu, and the same thing happened. (BTW, I can sign in via a Web browser). None of the solutions in the support pages helped.

Reinstalled the desktop app only to find out that the app could not connect to the Internet to complete activation (activation was previously successful). So, now I can't even run the app!

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 8.52.59 PM.png

It appears one of the latest updates broke the app's ability to connect to Intuit sites. Here is an error message I was able to find in a log file that appears every time activation is attempted:

(0x00007ff859070100) [LOG_CLOUD] [/Users/ctobuilduser/workspace/cicd-ci-ty20/CG/TTMacBuild/dev2020/Src/mta/feature/NativeAppShell/Common/LoggingHandler.mm(35) @ function : +[LoggingHandler SendLoggingEvent::]] { "tag" :"Activation_By_OII","levelName" :"error","message" :"Failed to fetch sign-in url - The specified keychain is not a valid keychain file."}

I've had no luck with searches, so far. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies