Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

unending loop ohio school district taxes

I have 2 employers in ohio in same school district. The boxes on my w-2 are both complete boxes 16-20. I keep getting these messages: Schedule SD WH: w2 school district tax should be entered on federal form w-2 Box 19 for the school district number entered above. It's never clear what they are referring to and scrolling up it looks like all the information is on the SD 100 form and the totals are correct. I can't get past this error message. what do i do?? thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

You should enter all of the withholding shown on your W-2. However, if you have one W-2 that shows the same state, and different locality information in boxes 18 and 19, but the same locality in Box 20, check with your employer to determine whether one of the duplicate localities is incorrect. 

All of the wages taxed by one locality on one W-2 should be on a single line. If necessary, add the amounts in boxes 18 and 19 in the separate rows together so there is just one row that goes with a particular locality identified in Box 20.

The entry in W-2, Box 20, is the name of the locality responsible for assessing your local income tax. It could be a city, town, school district, or something else. 

Depending on where you live, you may even have more than one locality. If you do, just add a new row in the W-2 entry section to enter info for another locality. Click on "+Add another locality" and TurboTax will add another row of entry boxes. You can add several rows if you have several different localities.

See this help article for information on city taxes that can be prepared with TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks! 2 separate w-2s. each has 1 line with the school district. the boxes are all complete but "fix Ohio return" thinks they are not complete.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

You're welcome.

If the error remaining is that "Schedule SD WH: w2 school district tax should be entered on federal form w-2 Box 19 for the school district number"

Is one of the W-2s blank in Box 19? If there is no tax withheld for the locality identified in Box 20, then try entering a zero in Box 19. 

If the error persists, try removing the info in boxes 18 through 20.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies