Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sldkfjl
Returning Member

unable to transmit WI 1041 due to foreign address problem

This is similar to others' issue and I have tried deleting the state return and starting again, have installed updates and was able to submit the Federal return with no issues.  The foreign state/province field on the Wisconsin Fiduciary worksheet comes up when I run the error check.  It is blank and am unable to override (the data source is the Federal worksheet).  Unable to delete these worksheets in order to begin again.  Anyone have a solution?

Wisconsin requires electron transmission of 1041 returns so I can't just mail it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file that is experiencing this issue. You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not the trust's personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: 

On your menu bar at the very top, click Online and then Send Tax File to Agent

When you click to send, you will get a pop-up with a token number. 

Reply with the token number and I’ll be able to open a TurboTax file with your numbers but not any of the trust's personal information. 

That may help diagnose the issue or assist us in getting the issue reported to help you file your Wisconsin fiduciary tax return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the same issue with the WI 1041.  It is just an information form for our own records, so I tried filling in something from Canada but it did not like that either. 

Any resolution of the problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies