Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to remove random character on Schedule C Other Expenses

I am trying to e-file (Desktop version - Mac OS) and I get an error that I need to remove preceding characters on Schedule C Other Expenses.  There is a red \ in the field. When I click to remove it, I get a beep and cannot remove or replace.  It will not allow me to e-file. I have always e-filed. Please help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@ pdon123 

Two things to try:

Try going into Forms Mode and look for Schedule C Worksheet (not the actually Sched C form).   It may be called "Sched C Wks."   If you can't edit/remove the random character there, or if you still get an error message, then you'll need to go back to the Business Expenses section and go to the interview screen for the Schedule C, Part V, "other expenses" and remove it there.

See this thread on how to edit/remove Schedule C, Part V expenses.  It was originally from a few years ago, but also includes some recent posts in the last couple of days.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/re-did-you-originally-have-some-transfer...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@ pdon123 

Two things to try:

Try going into Forms Mode and look for Schedule C Worksheet (not the actually Sched C form).   It may be called "Sched C Wks."   If you can't edit/remove the random character there, or if you still get an error message, then you'll need to go back to the Business Expenses section and go to the interview screen for the Schedule C, Part V, "other expenses" and remove it there.

See this thread on how to edit/remove Schedule C, Part V expenses.  It was originally from a few years ago, but also includes some recent posts in the last couple of days.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/re-did-you-originally-have-some-transfer...

THANK YOU!

@pdon123   You're welcome.   Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies