Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to pay for state e-filing

Hello,

I have TurboTax for business and home. Unfortunately, I am not able to pay to e-file my state and state return. May I ask if anyone is having the same issue? I was hoping the system would be fixed overnight, but I got the same error message. I've tried multiple credit cards as well. Thankfully, I can mail my state return, but would like to have the data transfer from my business federal to my business state.

Untitled.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
WhiteBarn

I've spent most of 2 days trying to figure it out. The best I found was to go back and select to send state later to avoid payment option. It allowed me to send my federal without payment while I hope to get state filed soon.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Some people are having luck paying for the state efile fee when they change the billing address of the card to 123 Main St. Leave the city, state and zip as is. @WhatsUpChknButt @WhiteBarn 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks! It wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. I called for support and was told to clear my cookies/cache, but thought that was weird since I’m using software and not a browser.

Thank you. It worked for my personal, so it's one big thing off of my plate. However, it didn't for my business software. I'll try again.

That worked. After 2 hours of trying variations of my address that are all accurate and acceptable, using '123 Main St.' let me finally e-file.

V Frazer

The 123 Main St did work.  Thank you for the information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies