turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SG835
Returning Member

UNABLE TO E FILE: Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: We had a problem while saving your return for filing. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service

like many others I have received the above error message when attempting to efile. in researching the community posts this has been an ongoing issue for over 2 years now. Some think it is the schedule C forms, some think it is due to the crypto transactions yet others report not having schedule C forms or imported crypto transactions. Regardless, here is my situation, yes I have schedule C and imported crypto forms using the API linking features in turbotax directly to coinbase/robinhood exchanges. I don't have a lot of transactions (less then 500). I finish importing everything, get to the very end of turbotax, pay for the software of turbotax premiere. Everything passes the final federal/state quality and accuracy checks and intuit gladly takes my money to fill out all the forms. Then when attempting to efile it says 

"Your transmission didn't go through

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
We had a problem while saving your return for filing. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service"

Like others, I contacted customer service. They will suggest to clear cookies, cache, change browser, log in, restart, close pop ups, disable vpn, antivirus. None of that works and I am still unable to efile. 30 days out from the deadline.  This is clearly something glitching in turbo tax affecting their users. They have been aware of this issue over 2 years and still no solution!? Others in community posts suggested a workaround of paying extra for the desktop version and trying to import some crypto transactions that way. Seems overly complicated and ridiculous to have to download and pay extra for a desktop version that "might" solve the efile issue due to the online version glitch. I have also seen other posts suggesting it has something to do with the schedule C form? 

regardless, intuit users and turbo tax online users are stuck in the dark. I feel like I have been held hostage here, I spent a lot of time completing and reviewing all my forms only to get to the very end, pay for the product and attempt to file, only to be told their software CANT e-file because  "WE HAD A PROBLEM SAVING YOUR RETURN for filing? To make it worse, once you paid you can't clear and start over to try and fix whatever glitch is preventing it from e filing. I've been a turbotax customer for over 10 years, and this is definitely the last I will ever use them. Absolute insanity. Hey Turbo Tax moderators or contributors, you have 3 business days from today to refund my money so I can complete my taxes and actually efile with another service. OR you can immediately fix this issue that has been brought to your attention for over 2 years now. Looking forward to your "we are aware of this issue and promptly working on a solution".... Thanks. Sincerely, disappointed. 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies