Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Uber eats tax summaries, i made under $400 and didnt receive a 1099. i have table 1 expenses fees and tax also table 2 additional payments. how should i file it?

Im confused about entering the uber eats money i received, i have never filed a 1099 for or schedule c, i only have the online miles logged but no written ones. i also only did it for march of 2023 as a small side hustle to help pay some things but i only made around $350, 25 trips. please help, thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Uber eats tax summaries, i made under $400 and didnt receive a 1099. i have table 1 expenses fees and tax also table 2 additional payments. how should i file it?

This income is more like a hobby at the moment so my advice is to report it as such.  For future here is some information about hobby vs business income.

This IRS link will help you: Business or Hobby?

Key elements:

1. A hobby requires you to report the income you received and under the current tax law, Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), no expenses are allowed to be used to reduce the money collected even if you itemize deductions.
  2. A business allows you to deduct the costs necessary to obtain the income.  The law explains that 'you must be engaged in the activity to produce a profit'.  The test under IRS tax law is that you must show a profit three out of every five consecutive years to be considered a business.

Other Miscellaneous Income:

1. Go to the Wages and Income  section of TurboTax
  2. Scroll to  Less Common Income > Select  Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C
  3. Select Hobby Income or Other reportable Income > Enter a description (----) and the amount if you use 'Other'.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies