Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arp1

Turbotax will not allow me to enter State ID number or Driver Licence in place of PIN, rejected?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SandraM

Turbotax will not allow me to enter State ID number or Driver Licence in place of PIN, rejected?

Your state return may get rejected because they require different requirements for verifying your identity than the IRS. 

1. Please review and correct your signature requirements. At least one of the following signature fields must be present and valid on the Dept. Of Revenue's file: Primary Signature, Shared Secrets, PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License, or State ID Number or Zip Code
  2. The driver's license or state ID info you entered on the e-file agreement do not match what's on file with the Department of Revenue for the first person listed on the return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SandraM

Your state return may get rejected because they require different requirements for verifying your identity than the IRS. 

1. Please review and correct your signature requirements. At least one of the following signature fields must be present and valid on the Dept. Of Revenue's file: Primary Signature, Shared Secrets, PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License, or State ID Number or Zip Code
  2. The driver's license or state ID info you entered on the e-file agreement do not match what's on file with the Department of Revenue for the first person listed on the return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies