Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Support - Service Follow Up (Reconfirms TurboTax Support is a Joke)

Because I have been trying to get support to resolve an error in TurboTax Business and the support personnel are only trained on TurboTax Personal; I left feedback to the service team that I could not recommend TurboTax Business or purchase it again.

While away from my phone, TurboTax Support called to follow up on my review and see how they could help.  They left a message to call the [phone number removed] number and make sure I mention I am calling for a service follow-up.

When I call the number, the TurboTax support told me that they have not been instructed on how to find my feedback or link to the requested service-follow up.  This is really bad customer service to leave a message, give specific instructions, but not provide your support team any tools to execute on those instructions.

This further reinforced my feedback that support for TurboTax Business is non-existent.  There are errors in the software (Colorado State Tax Error (Trust)) and the support.  I now have a hard time trusting that TurboTax is doing the taxes correctly.  I cannot contact support to help confirm or deny my concerns.  I do not plan on buying TurboTax Business again and I would strongly recommend against purchasing TurboTax business to anyone else.

#TurboTaxSupport

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

You are correct.  The errors and omissions insurance for TurboTax tax advisors does not include support for TurboTax Business.  If you need tax advice on business, you need to go to a local tax preparer.  TurboTax Business is for business owners who know what they are doing and want to get forms completed with software.  It is not suitable for people who need tax advice or who do not understand their taxes and forms.

Dan,

You made the same mistaken assumption as TurboTax support.  I am not seeking financial advice or recommendations on how to fill out the forms.  This is an error on their forms and how it is transferring data from the federal to the state.  It is not seeking advice on how to perform the taxes.

If TurboTax Business and Personal are perfect products then we wouldn't receive a constant barrage of updates while using them.

TurboTax Business should have a way to address errors identified in their product.  Or at least tell me why the TurboTax Business is working properly without providing direct financial advice.

I would like to also point out that TurboTax advertises Tech Support for TurboTax Business when you purchase the product:

Tech_Support_Available.jpg

The asterisk, as best I can tell since there are several on the website, takes you to the customer support phone number.  From my experience, this is false advertising.  TurboTax does not provide technical support for TurboTax Business.

Technical support means helping you to install the CD or issues with printing.  That is not tax advice.

When a form is clearly miscalculating (retained earnings in my case), who should I contact?

This is from their website. Where do I get the answers as I go for free?

Screenshot 2023-04-27 172910.jpg

KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

Here is how to contact TurboTax. 

You can also post specific questions on this forum. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies