drolando69

TurboTax stimulus payment to check debit card

I ended up owing $500 to IRS using your software. I entered my bank card info to get it deducted from there on 07/15/2020. Will IRS send me the $1,200 stimulus to the card?

GiseleD

No. They will need a routing and account number. However, the IRS is rolling out the "Get My Payment" tool in mid April. According to IRS.gov, you can use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have  your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet.

Update your information

Direct deposit: Use the Get My Payment application (coming mid-April) to let us know your bank account information if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment.

Check payment: If you moved since you last filed, let us know your new mailing address.