turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax says I need form 4835, I do not. I use 1099 misc. How can I get turbotax to not think I need form 4835? It is for farmers or landowners that share crops, I don't

I entered my 1099 misc correctly
I have never used form 4835
My tax situation has not changed since 2019
When I try to file, turbotax will not allow me because "the irs still has to prepare one or more of your tax documents" - I have entered everything but it still wants me to enter a form 4835 which does not exist in my situation.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Turbotax says I need form 4835, I do not. I use 1099 misc. How can I get turbotax to not think I need form 4835? It is for farmers or landowners that share crops, I don't

You may have accidentally clicked on an entry where you stated that you did, indeed, share crops. Go over all your entries to see how you answered each question.

Thank you for your answer! @ColeenD3  I went back and fully reviewed all of my income and all my questions, I did fill out my 1099 misc but other than that there is nothing to do with farms. I would just start over, but turbotax acted like I was ready to file and needed to pay, so now I can not even delete my info and restart. Should I contact turbotax directly?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Where did you enter your Form 1099-Misc? It no longer includes Self-employment income as that is reported on Form 1099-NEC. Was it for rent on Schedule E?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies