turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax's CEFsharp.browserSubProcess.exe DENIES Filing of State Taxes Electronically

It is late March 2024.  Am using TurboTax Deluxe Desktop for my 2023 Form 1040 taxes.  It has the latest updates.

TurboTax cannot file my State Taxes electronically because it is calling the CEFsharp.browserSubProcess.exe from the default TurboTax install directory and Windows Defender Security thinks the EXE is malicious.  So the EXE file is blocked and TurboTax returns an error message of "ACCESS DENIED".

This happens at the point where TurboTax asks for one's credit card information in order to file one's State Taxes for said fee.

===>>     It is at this point that the TurboTax Desktop program makes a call to it's subdirectory for CEFsharp.browserSubProcess.exe . 

The code fails due to the aforementioned background action by Windows Defender Security on Windows 11 Home (with the latest updates).

I spent two hours with your customer care team rep (with 10 years tenure) and could not resolve this.

Please investigate and fix how TurboTax runs CEFsharp.browserSubProcess.exe  in a Windows 11 Home environment.

Thanks

NOTE:  It is unacceptable to To tell me, and other TT Desktop users, to turn off Windows Defender Security.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies