turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

slydog
Returning Member

TurboTax Premier Mac 2023 cannot file amended Federal return

1) I successfully filed 2023 Federal and State (CA) return.

2) Later, I received a 1099B late and needed to file an amended return. The transmission failed giving an error message indicating that I needed to update TurboTax.

3) I upgraded and tried to file the amended returns - only the State return in successful.

The E-file Status screen indicates:

i) 2023 Federal Amended Return: Transmission Trouble - Please Try Again...Select the File tab at the top of your screen and try transmitting again. 

ii) 2023 California Amended Return - Accepted.

The problem is that the current version (up-to-date) TurboTax does not provide a way to transmit again.

In fact, if you click on "File a Return" tab, it puts you in a loop of 2 screens (choose e-file option for fed and then similar screen for State).

I called in twice and demonstrated the issue to Intuit Turbo Tax Support people. They suggested updating TurboTax and making sure my Mac was totally up-to-date. I did so. (Their other suggestion was to call IRS and ask why they didn't accept the amended return, but, I reminded them that it was clear we didn't transmit the return).

It appears to be a bug in Turbo Tax 2023 Deluxe - a corner case - where the amended return transmission is aborted (in this case because the software was not up-to-date) there is no way to get Turbo Tax to try again!

They opened a support ticket (1530040664) for the case - but, didn't email the ticket contents and told me that there is no way to view my support ticket online (which seems really odd).

Would love to hear if anyone else has come across this issue (and ideally could provide a work-around :).

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies