Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pyoush
Returning Member

Turbotax Online - ISO Cashless Exercise

Hi,

Turbotax online is driving me crazy. Please help!

1. ISO Exercise - I exercised 10,000 ISO in 2023 through a "cashless exercise"
  2. Cashless - The cashless exercise included sale of 1033 (of the 10K ISOs) in 3 separate sale transactions. My 1099-B is reporting these has three separate transactions (as expected), but the "cost basis" for all 3 is incorrect (low).
  3. Box 1 W2 - The "total gain" from the exercise-and-sale of these 1033 is already included on my Box1 W2 as compensation income. Box 14 (DISQD) has this compensation income as well
  4. I then went through the TT interview for each of these 3 transactions to "adjust" the "cost basis" by entering information from Form 3921 into TT. After I enter this information, the adjusted cost basis and Gain/Loss loss correct on the Wages & Income > Investment & Savings screen
  5. However, when I check the actual Form 1040 (Tools > Print Center), I notice that TT is "adding" the cost basis adjustment amount back on Form 1040 (Line 1h). I can see where this is coming from - I see this amount on the "Form 1040 Line > Wages, Salaries & Tips Worksheet" on Line 5 (Ordinary income from employer stock transactions not reported on Form W-2)

Why is TT doing that and how I can fix/correct this? I have tried everything I possibly can with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies