Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

haeminp
Returning Member

TurboTax messed up my 2022 return, resulted in hefty interest.

TurboTax sent me an email about my 2022 return with the following message:

"There might be an issue with the accuracy of your 2022 tax return that could require you to amend. Don’t worry, we’ll work together to get your return fixed.

Please use this scheduling link to book an appointment with a tax expert who will guide you every step of the way. Setting up the appointment is the best way to get connected to somebody knowledgeable about the issue who can resolve it for you.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If your amended return results in any penalties or additional interest, TurboTax will cover those under our 100% Accurate, Expert-Approved Guarantee.* Also, we will refund the cost of TurboTax fees after we get your return corrected."

And ever since this message, I've had to work with 3 different experts to finally get the amendment fixed over the course of 2 months. I spent hours on the phone with them and was told that I would receive a refund for the expert full service fee I paid ($421.35). However, I still have not gotten my money back and am on the phone with a different expert right now as I'm typing this. 

Their mistake costed me around $800 just on the interest alone and the process to get that reimbursed is so painful and slow. 

I'm so infuriated by their service. What a waste of time and money.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

There's not much any of us on this board can do for you at this point. 

If you want to try contact Support (again): What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

This board is staffed by volunteers, sorry. We don't have access to your account or your situation.

If Turbotax makes a mistake, they should cover interest and penalties (although not your actual tax, you always owe your own correct income tax.). The accuracy guarantee is here, although it sounds like you should already be enrolled in that process.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-100-accurate...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies