Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax Live Premier or Turbotax Live Self Employed for my situation?

Asking about Online Versions Only,  do I need Turbotax Live Premier OR Turbotax Live Self Employed Version to cover all scenarios listed below? The charts that compare them say only self employed version will do a Schedule C, but other experts mentioned to some they could do Premier for a schedule C too? Anyway, which ever needs to work for the following as well.

1. On my Schedule C the only "expense" I have this year is the sales tax I collected on paintings I sold. I have no other "expenses" to list this year.  But I do keep inventory and report cost of goods too on that.  

2.  report Crop Share Income and expenses

3. 1099-S   to report Capital Gains on a home and land sale. 

4. 1098-E  Student loan interest

5. 1099-DIV   Dividends

6. 1099-SA     Health Savings

5.  1098 Mortgage Interest statement

6.   W2

I would appreciate any advice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Turbotax Live Premier or Turbotax Live Self Employed for my situation?

@Macy522 First of all, let me make sure you understand that TurboTax "Live" is a more expensive product that includes assistance from an expert.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, but I want you to understand that you can begin with a lower-priced option and add the LIVE aspect later (before filing).  See the info I'm linking below for more clarification:

What is TurboTax Live? (intuit.com

That said, I believe you'd be best served to use the Self Employed Online program.  It is the most extensive individual tax program that TT offers, and includes the most assistance within the program.  As I understand it, if you wish to enter any qualified business expenses, you need to use the Self Employed program.  If you still need the "expert" help, you can always upgrade to the "Live" option later on.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies