Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aarweing

TurboTax kept my Federal Tax Refund

I filed my taxes late last year and was supposed to get my federal tex refund of over $1700 after TurboTax took its payment for the services. I did not submit a bank account so I assumed a check would be mailed to me. When it didn’t I called and found that it was deposited in an account that I don’t own and they claimed I put in an account (which I very much did not do) they deposited in. After being forwarded to numerous departments and different companies I found that my refund was put into an account that is owned by Intuit/Credit Karma and yet nobody at TurboTax or any other company working above it can send me my money. I have called numerous times, only to be told time and time again the same answers: they can’t send me the money cause they are not the owner of the account; there is nothing they can do; try calling (insert random company that can do nothing but confirm what I already know); or now this help page. I just want my refund. I just want this to end. Please is there anyone that can help me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax kept my Federal Tax Refund

We can't see your return in this forum, so we can only offer suggestions.

In the Efile section, you would have had to make a choice on how you wanted your refund.  Either put bank account info, or indicate you want a check mailed.  

You could open your return and see what you entered in that section.

Look at the PDF copy of your tax return, for the 'Filing Instructions' page.  This also tells how you requested your Refund.

If your refund was put into a Credit Karma account, you are the owner of the account,  so should be able to access it.   Can't you get help from Credit Karma customer service? 

This is from the Credit Karma support page:

"If you believe someone may have created a Credit Karma account using your personal information without your permission, contact our support team so they can deactivate the account that was created by someone else. 

When you’re submitting your case, please select the following options: Security and Privacy > Unauthorized Account Creation

Once that account has been deactivated, the personal information cannot be used to create another account without the support team’s assistance. If you’d like to create a new Credit Karma account for yourself, our support team can help you out right away. In cases such as these, we will ask for documentation to verify your identity."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies