flyinduck4

Turbotax isn't carrying over the correct amount of my state refund from last year. How do I correct the amount ?

The state refund to be applied to my 2018 tax is $2133.00- The state sya my refund will be $2093.  (due to interest charges on state payments)

HelenaC

To adjust your state refund amount applied from 2017 to 2018: 

1. In the TurboTax federal section, type estimates paid in the search bar.
  2. Select Jump to estimates paid.
  3. On the Estimates and Other Income Taxes Paid screen, scroll down to 2017 Refund Applied to 2018.
  4. Select 2017 refund applied to 2018 state taxes.
  5. On the How much of your 2017 state refund did you apply to your 2018 state taxes? screen, adjust the amount and select Done.

See the screenshot below.

HelenaC

2. Select Jump to estimates paid.

See the screenshot below.