Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax is not asking information from my 3922 form for ESPP

TurboTax Premier had asked me for information from my 3922 form when I had entered ESPP sales from ETrade in 2021. There was a ask page called "Enter Vesting (or release information" for which I had to enter the information from "View confirmation of release" in Etrade for each sale.

But the only action I got prompted for is to verify  (/correct) the cost basis to Adjusted cost basis this year. Please confirm if TurboTax is now able to get the info on vesting/release automatically now or if I am missing anything. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not get vesting/release information automatically. When you enter your investment sales in TurboTax, you need to indicate that your sales included employee stock:

Choose the option to enter your sales one by one. When you enter your stock sale information, check the box that indicates that your cost basis is missing or incorrect:

On the next screen, indicate that you need help determining the cost basis:

Later on you will see a screen that will references form 3922 and on the next screens you can indicate that you have the Form 3922 and you will be able to enter the numbers off of it:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much! This is super helpful.

1) ESPP: I understand that I have to follow the process you suggested to get to form 3922, etc.

2) RSU: Please confirm if I could just enter the Adjusted Cost Basis for RSU sales from ETrade Supplement and choose "I found my adjusted cost basis" and re-enter the same Adjusted Cost basis , or if I should choose "I can't find it and need help" and follow through the rest of the screens to enter everything manually by referring to "View Confirmation of Release" from ETrade.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies