Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax installed on one computer yet it keeps activating licenses to login!

I purchased the physical CD-R from Staples. I installed it on my Mac desktop computer. I worked on my return and then did the kids. I closed the computer. I logged on again and had to log into my Intuit account (annoying BTW) using an Authenticater App (also annoying). Then it asked me to activate license 2 of 5. I did because I figured it was some sort of quirk. NOW I login today and it asks me to activate another license (#3!!!! of 5).

WTF?!?!?!

Why do I need to activate a license each time I open TT on the SAME COMPUTER?!?!?!

Can someone explain that to me?

Let's not even get into the issue of buying another State download for $45 as I will save money buying another copy of TT from Costco or Staples.

Many Thanks in advance!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TurboTax installed on one computer yet it keeps activating licenses to login!

*******ANSWER******

Spoke to a very nice TT person. The issue is this- each tax return filed uses a license. This explains this reason why each time I open the software with another return that it asks for a license.

PRO TIP- if your kid has an easy return, instead of paying for an extra state, use the free online version and then the state filing is free.

Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies