Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Home & Business (TTHB) and CA Form 568

For the second year running, when completing our California State Tax returns, TTHB failed to generate CA Form 568. Our state returns were rejected last year because CA Form 568 was missing. Can anyone tell me which question (if answered appropriately) generates CA Form 568? I've reviewed each question in our Federal and State forms and have not been able to identify what question will permit me to complete this form. I manually accessed this form, but TTHB doesn't allow me to enter any data into it. Your help is urgently needed.

Thank you in advance,

J&C

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

According to this previous TT Q&A, CA Form 568 will generate if you enter your EIN in your federal return in the business section of TT:

Filing CA Form 568 for 2021 (intuit.com)

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to answer the question that has been perplexing me for weeks. I will apply your solution and report the results here.

Thanks again!

John

Hello Tom,

I reviewed our federal and state tax forms and found that the EIN number had been entered on in there appropriate field of the Federal Tax form.  Therefore, my elation at reading your post potentially identifying the issue preventing TTHB from generating CA from 568 was quickly replaced by the frustration I've experienced for weeks. Therefore, I must repeat my question:

What must I do to get TTHB to generate CA Form 568?

Also, who (which dept.) at Intuit can I reach out to regarding this issue? TT support has not been supportive and the filing deadline is rapidly approaching. 

Thank you,.

John

Thank you

TomD8
Level 15

@CindyS1 --

I think I've got it.

1.  Open your California return.

2.  Click on "Go over California again" at the top of the page..

3.  Proceed through the pages until you get to "Here's the income that California handles differently".

4.  Under Business, click on Business Profit or Loss Adjustment.

5.  Click Edit next to the name of your business.

6.  Answer Yes to "Is [your business] owned by a single member LLC?

7.  Voila!  (I think)

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your continued help!

I will follow your instructions and report the result later today. 

Kind regards,

John

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies