Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jast64068
Returning Member

Turbotax Fraud

I have 5 different fraudulent charges from Turbotax from 9 am this morning, each for $420. I had to report the fraud to my bank and cancel the card. When I talked to Customer Service they were unable to provide any assistance and refused to help ensure my account and privacy was protected. This is absolutely ridiculous and I will not be surprised at all when it is revealed that they have suffered a massive data breach and refused to acknowledge it or help customers affected.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Turbotax Fraud

If you believe you are the victim of fraud, please see this link for ways to report and protect your account with TurboTax.  You may be the victim of phishing.  TurboTax will not charge anything unless you initiate the payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jast64068
Returning Member

Turbotax Fraud

What good does it do to report the fraud to Turbo Tax when they tell you they dont see the orders? I can show all 5 fraudulent orders in my payment history but customer service says they "dont exist". I can also see the $2100 TurboTax stole from my bank account (and no I never clicked a phishing link, and I never got a single notification saying someone had tried to access my account and the fraudulent login doesnt even show up in the login history so at this point, yes I will say TurboTax stole the money because there was never an authorization and never a login by myself or apparently anyone else)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies