turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax desktop: Amended Return rejected FPYMT-071-01. 5 day, date of withdraw changes multiple times again "Return was rejected". What is work around for this problem?

Desktop version does not have a REVISIT option for payment info and withdraw date. Tried online Intuit account turbotax for a desktop work around help. Intuit sends me to "purchase product on line download".  Which I don't need. I already purchased desktop version. Ugggg!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Turbotax desktop: Amended Return rejected FPYMT-071-01. 5 day, date of withdraw changes multiple times again "Return was rejected". What is work around for this problem?

Yes, in Desktop, you can access the payment date in Forms mode. Here's how to do that:

1. Open your return.
  2. Select the Forms icon in the upper right corner.
  3. Highlight Info Wks in the list on the left.
  4. Scroll down to Part V, you can change the date here. 
  5. Select Step-by-Step to return to the interview and complete your filing. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
VVZ
Level 1

My return was rejected for FPYMT-071-01 - 'RequestedPaymentDt' in the IRS Payment Record must not be more than 5 days prior to the received date.

But I don't know what is wrong with the date. And nothing pops up to fix.

I understand how to change the date with the desktop edition but I need yo know what is wrong with the date.

I used the same date of April 12 for the original and the amended returns/

Please Help!

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

It could be that using the same date for both original and Amended Returns is the issue.

You need to wait until your original return is processed (some time after April 12) to submit your amended return.

Here's more details on How to Amend a Tax Return

However, you may be able to change the April 12 payment date on your original return by contacting the IRS directly.

Federal tax direct debit payments can be canceled up to two business days prior to the debit date. To cancel, call the U.S. Treasury Financial Agent at 888-353-4537. Then, to schedule a new payment, go to the IRS Direct Pay site.

This link has more info on Changing an IRS Payment Date. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies