Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax calculates state refund and total payments and withholdings incorrectly for "Tell us about your refund" screen. This has been happening for years.

I have reported this issue to Turbotax every single year. It's been happening since late 2010s, if not around 2020. And they still haven't fixed it! What is the point of creating a case where it's just collecting dust and nobody even bothers to look at it?

On the "Tell us about your refund" screen (this is about what your refund is, if any, that was reported on your State income tax return), TurboTax is calculating incorrectly the "Total Refund Received 2023" field and the "Total of all your payments and withholding" field. Every year. My State Tax return is New York. I see why the values are incorrect. TurboTax is not picking up the line 59, Sales or Use Tax, in my State Tax Return and it's not picking line 69 and 69a which are NYC school tax credits. As such, Turbo Tax is reporting a lower total refund received amount, as well as the incorrect payment and withholding value.

Can someone at TurboTax who is reading this PLEASE, once for and all, take a look at this issue and fix it? I'm honestly tired of reporting this every single year and nobody even bothers to take a look at it or get back to me in any way. I call support, open the case, the case gets closed, and then I never hear back from anyone and this happens every single year.

I can't be the only person who has had this issue. Again, if there's someone from TurboTax reading this, please, reach out to me. Get me in contact with someone in your IT/application department who I can walk through the issue and show them precisely why and how the values are being calculated incorrectly.

Thank you.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies