Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax Business

I completed my return and reviewed.  I ordered the audit defense and turbo tax saved my return before going through that procedure and then I purchased and downloaded the NC  version.  Then I went back to the federal return to efile .  Completed the signature form and then did a preview of the return and all my information that I have worked on so hard is gone.  Turbotax is still there and I closed and tried to load again several times and everything but the income section is gone.  Any ideas?  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

Turbotax Business

Can you load (click on) the .tax file? Can you find the .tax file?

Turbotax Business

I can load the file but the information I entered is gone.  In other words everything in the balance sheet for yr ending 2023 is gone.  Income and deductions are still there.  

Turbotax Business

Only the balance sheet figures are missing?

What about the figures on the other schedules on the return (can I assume this is an 1120-S)?

There are, from recall, several places in the program where you can opt to not prepare the balance sheet so you might check those sections.

Turbotax Business

True but NC requires the balance sheet.  I think I will just file federal  I still have till Oct 15 to file state.  I just usually like to take care of at same time.  I think the loss occurred when I downloaded the state version.  The return was fine before then. and I had saved before download.   Turbo tax use to be so easy.  Now it is a nightmare but then our tax system is too.  LOL   I am going to try re-entering info and hopefully it will work.  If all goes well I will print it first and then try e file.  One year I got extension on line but mailed return and that was an IRS nightmare.  IRS said I didn't file and got a penalty but later they found return and refunded the penalty.  Expensive lesson.

Turbotax Business

@Pstock1 wrote:

True but NC requires the balance sheet........

Understood, but is the balance sheet missing only on the federal 1120-S?

Turbotax Business

Could you have saved it somewhere else? I save alternately to my TurboTax folder and to Dropbox. Sometimes I close TTax and forget to revert to the TTax folder on my computer, so the only updated version is on Dropbox. Could something like that have happened to you?

Turbotax Business

I have looked everywhere.  It is so weird that part of it is there and the rest are zeroes.

Turbotax Business

I discovered that the balance sheet was missing  on the federal as I started the State return.  

Turbotax Business

@Pstock1 wrote:

I have looked everywhere.  It is so weird that part of it is there and the rest are zeroes.

Just so this is absolutely clear, you're referring to the 1120-S balance sheet and not the CD-401S, correct?

Turbotax Business

With NC you have to attach the Federal Form that has the balance sheet on it.  I received notice that balance sheet was out of balance and that is when I discovered the information missing.  So NC doesn't have a balance sheet form per se.  They use the federal one which you do not have to have to file federal.  Since I have bravely gone back in to enter information I also discovered that beginning of the year missing on many items.  It was like a pick and choose what it wanted to do.

Turbotax Business

Turbotax Business

Thanks you are correct.  

Turbotax Business

Update   Definitely something happened.  The liabilities part of the balance sheet was blank.  Nothing transferred not even the balance sheet transferred to the NC return.  I did file the Federal.  Hoping that I can talk to Turbotax tomorrow and find out how I can make the information transfer to the NC return.  The business profile transferred but everything else is blank.  Thanks for all your suggestions.  Great place to vent and get good information.  LOL

Turbotax Business

Additionally I had to re-enter the balance sheet on the federal return but all is well return was accepted

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies