Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mahbh
Returning Member

Turbotax Business Member Capital Fields

Hi All, this is my first year doing TurboTax Business (used a CPA last year). I have a 2 member LLC that we started 2021. Can someone clarify the fields on the Member Capital page?

Beginning Member Capital Account

• Is this the initial amount of capital put into the LLC when it was started in 2021? Or is this the amount the member has at the beginning of the tax year (2022)?

Cash Member Contributed to LLC

• I'm assuming this is the amount of cash contributed just for 2022 or is it for all time? And if it is for all time is this different from the Beginning Member Capital Account? 

Cash Distributions Member Received from LLC

• I'm assuming this is how much cash was distributed for just 2022 and not for the entire life of the LLC?

There aren't years included on the form to clarify so it's a little confusing. Thanks ahead of time!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

These fields all relate to 2022 activities.  The capital accounts are treated like a rolling balance.  So, the Beginning Member Capital Account will be the ending balance (after all transactions) from 2021.  Then the Contributions and Distributions should be populated if the member had any related transactions for the category for 2022 only.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mahbh
Returning Member

Perfect thank you so much and for the quick answer!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies