Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax business (for trusts) 2023 will not download the correct state. I need to download Maryland, but turbotax will only download Massachusetts. How do I download MD?

I have already tried TTCleanStatesTool.exe as well as uninstalling/reinstalling Turbotax. I have also already tried using Selective Startup and then running the tool or uninstalling/reinstalling.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbotax business (for trusts) 2023 will not download the correct state. I need to download Maryland, but turbotax will only download Massachusetts. How do I download MD?

I have the same problem and have tried all the same things with no success. 

Since my post I found some more clues, from another thread and from 45 minutes on the phone with a very friendly but not sufficiently knowledgeable TT rep.

It has been suggested that the TT business desktop state fiduciary download will misbehave until the state forms are actually ready. The TT business desktop app itself doesn't know this, so it provides no information. 

There is a table here that shows 'forms ready' dates:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_states_windows_sel...

It is shockingly hard to find this page on the intuit site, and the support rep did not appear to have this information. The state I care about showed a fiduciary forms ready date of March 1 when I checked a few days ago, and then today (Feb 29, 2024) the ready date now appears as March 8. Wonderful. Of course this is all theory, because the page talks about forms being ready, not my bought-and-paid-for software functioning.

General information about this appears here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-forms/s[product key removed]abi[prod...

So, for now, I am dead in the water.

Thanks for this information!  I hope that's the explanation because, if so, the problem will resolve itself in a week or so.  I'm dead in the water until then too.  I just hope we are moving again after March 8.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies