turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax always restarts at the beginning!

For many years, whenever I stopped working on and closed TurboTax it always reopened where I left off. Last year and this year it instead opens at the very beginning, and I've got to sort through everything to find my starting point each time. What am I missing here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is happening for some customers, but not all. I can't offer an explanation, but you can use the flag feature to track where you are in the return.

Here's how to use it:

1. When you are ready to stop working on your return, select the Flag icon in the upper right corner. 
  2. Select Add a new flag and a window pops up. You can name the flag and even leave yourself a note if you want to. 
  3. When you resume work, select the Flag icon and then click on the flag that you want. The program will take you to that page. 
  4. You can select Edit to change your note, or the name of the Flag, or select the X to delete it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

TurboTax still opens where you left off.  Which version of Turbotax are you using?

Home & Business 2023. 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is happening for some customers, but not all. I can't offer an explanation, but you can use the flag feature to track where you are in the return.

Here's how to use it:

1. When you are ready to stop working on your return, select the Flag icon in the upper right corner. 
  2. Select Add a new flag and a window pops up. You can name the flag and even leave yourself a note if you want to. 
  3. When you resume work, select the Flag icon and then click on the flag that you want. The program will take you to that page. 
  4. You can select Edit to change your note, or the name of the Flag, or select the X to delete it. 

Thank you for the great advice!  Now why didn't I think of that???

Somewhere I also read that TurboTax gets a bit wonky after an update and forgets where it is. I don't know if that's true, but yesterday morning there was an update and it lost its place. Later in the day I reopened it (without an update) and it seemed to know where it last left off.  But I'll use the flag forever now!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies