Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jstandy

TurboTax 2024-2025 new Windows systems requirements specifically (Snapdragon X ARM computers

In light of the new "+ Copilot" (Intel/Snapdragon) computers coming out I am wondering if TurboTax is writing its software to run on both the standard Intel x86 (64-bit) AND the new Snapdragon ARM architecture?

ARM CPUs, which have in the past been available primarily in tablets & phones, are now more mainstream - think Apple M4, Google Tensor, NVIDIA Grace, and now Snapdragon X.  Leveraging a Reduced Instruction Set List (RISC) architecture these systems are highly optimized for efficiency, however one of the biggest challenges remain the slow Software adoption compared to standard x86 (64-bit) architecture for Intel Core / AMD Ryzen CPUs.  Current "work-around" is a x86 emulator, but can not be considered a long time or reliable fix.  I know this is something the Intuit's Software team has already anticipated and is most likely addressing. 

With 10 months until the next US Tax Day,  answering the question of  will TurboTax 2024-2025 be able to run on new Snapdragon X computers will allow TurboTax clients to make choices in how they upgrade their personal computers as well as giving more clarity to the annual desktop vs on-line debate.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TurboTax 2024-2025 new Windows systems requirements specifically (Snapdragon X ARM computers

@jstandy wrote:

I know this is something the Intuit's Software team has already anticipated and is most likely addressing. 

Do you know this for a fact or is you statement more speculative?

I am not an Intuit employee, but I've been involved with TurboTax (primarily via this board) and it appears to me that they would prefer customers to use online solutions as opposed to installed software solutions. 

For example, despite years and years' worth of pleas for Intuit to develop a Mac version of TurboTax Business, Intuit not only did not do so but, rather, offered online solutions for Forms 1065 and 1120-S. 

Ultimately, my impression is that installed. standalone, software will essentially go extinct and be replaced with online solutions and perhaps other installed solutions, such as Click-to-Run technology.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies