turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VMGZ
Returning Member

TurboTax 2023 Home and Business Desktop Edition

Hello:

I have a sole proprietor small business, I have been using the Home and Business Edition of TurboTax for years but last year in order to supplement my income I started doing Uber (ride sharing), I received a "Tax Summary" for 2023 from Uber, not a 1099 of any kind; I have spend quite a few hours researching how to enter "Total Miles Driven" for BOTH (My Business driven miles and Uber mileage stated in Uber's "Tax Summary"), I also have a figure for my personal miles, I have kept track of ALL miles driven for each of the 3 but I don't know "where" to enter my "Personal" driven miles since BOTH, my business and Uber Worksheets are asking for them. Here is my total miles driven in 2023 = 25,434 (Business 14,465), (Uber 5,410) and (Personal 5,559), I also have split all vehicle cost accordingly but the mileage is my biggest hurdle so far. Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

TurboTax 2023 Home and Business Desktop Edition

Enter the same number of total miles for both activities but enter only the business miles that the vehicle was used for each activity. You can leave personal/commuting miles blank.

The business miles will be used to calculate the standard mileage deduction. If you use actual expenses instead, the mileage you enter is used to calculate business use percentage (business miles/total mileage).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies