Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax 2022 amendment printing bug

I made an error on my 2022 return so I used the 1040-X option in TurboTax Deluxe (2022r58.087) running under OS X 14.2.1.  It allowed me to make the necessary changes to both my Federal and State forms, so all good so far.  I got to the page where it says "You're Done Print and Mail your Returns".  It says I can't use e-file to submit the amendment as I used a non-TT service to submit the original 1040 form.  Fair enough!  The directions say to "Select Print Returns and choose "All official forms required for filing" to print out your amended returns and filing instructions.  I clicked on the button.  Uh oh, no such option!  Instead of allowing me to just print out only the amended pages (which is what the IRS wants), it's printed out the entire return!  I tried the Print Returns button from the Save for Your Records tab under File.  Same result!  I'm going to have to sort through all 84 pages for just the ones I need to send in to the IRS.  Agh.....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Do not include your old 1040 nor your revised 1040 because the Form 1040-X reflects any changes there and becomes your new tax return.

Include any new/corrected document only if it shows federal tax withheld, and include in order only those Sequence Numbered tax forms and Schedules that changed or were added due to your amendment.
Attachment Sequence Number is on all the forms and Schedules that come after 1040.

If you are using TurboTax you have to do this by visual comparison. The program won't break out those pages for you.
---

@theprof07 

Thanks for your helpful hints!  It doesn't change the bug report though.  TurboTax very much used to provide print options, including everything or just the ones needed to file.  This option menu appears to be missing, but the text still refers to it.  So either TurboTax has removed the print options and so the text needs to be updated, or the option menu is supposed to still be there but a bug has deleted it.

Even if you found the option for "forms for filing"

I don't think it ever supported the 1040-X rule specifying only new or changed forms.

Did it  included 1040-X in the printout you got?

You'll have to contact TurboTax Support to report bugs or complain.

@theprof07 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies