romad

TurboTax 2020 Mac reports false errors

It keeps telling me I need to enter data from a Form 1099-B and from a Form W-2! The former is for brokerage account income which I don't (and NEVER did) have. As for the W-2 form data, I've been retired for 13 years and no longer receive W-2 forms! What the heck is wrong with TurboTax 2020???

I just clicked through the 9 pages (7 for 1099-B and 2 for W-2) and printed out my returns. Oh, and I also went into the return forms list and deleted those two forms.

AkinaLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

TurboTax 2020 Mac reports false errors

Can you tell us where you are seeing those errors? Did the forms disappear after deleting them?

romad

TurboTax 2020 Mac reports false errors

It was at the end of the Federal Return during the Review process. The process kept popping up the forms and insisting I fill them out. When I went into the individual forms at View>Forms, the two wrong forms were listed. I highlighted each form in turn, then in the Forms Menu I selected the "Remove ..." option. After I removed the forms, I ran the Review process again and this time it finished without finding any errors. So technically the errors were those forms being generated by TurboTax for Mac.

I don't know why TTM generated those forms in the first place since I haven't had a W-2 since 2008 and NEVER had a brokerage account.