Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mschmitt

TurboTax 2020 Desktop bugs

I don't see the place in the TurboTax 2020 desktop product (Premier/Mac) for providing feedback to Intuit, so I'll just leave this here...

1. The up-front import of the TXF file from Quicken didn't import items related to deductions, and there was no later prompt to import again. I could swear that in previous TurboTax years you could import the TXF file at the first opportunity and it would import everything in the file.  (Full disclosure: in previous years I created the TXF from Quicken 2007, this year I created it from Quicken 2021.)
  2. New this year is that the Forms list is flooded with hundreds of "Capital Gain (Loss) Adjustments Worksheets", because there is one per sale, which is really one per sale lot.  Not only does this flood the Forms list in forms view...
  3. Printing the return in the default "recommended forms" included all the 1099-B worksheets and the 2 page per sale cap gains worksheets. In previous years the 1099-B worksheets were only printed with "All forms & worksheets", and of course the cap gain worksheets didn't exist.  The result is that instead of printing ~36 pages, it printed 301.
  4. The Interview's handling of the CARES act charitable deduction was confusing. The logical place is with the rest of the charitable contribution questions. When it didn't at that point, I was thinking WTF? The confusion is exacerbated by it not appearing in the Deductions & Credits list at all.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies