Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax won't let me add Columbus School District to my return and will not let me finish my Ohio Return. I paid through Ohio eServices and TurboTax wants me to pay over $600 dollars again to process my Ohio Taxes. What do I do? Cannot file OH SD 100?

I cannot get accurate numbers for the school district unless I add in Columbus School District and Turbo Tax will not allow me to adjust? How can I add?

I think a good place to start the correction would be in adding Columbus schools to my school districts but Turbo Tax will not allow, Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax won't let me add Columbus School District to my return and will not let me finish my Ohio Return. I paid through Ohio eServices and TurboTax wants me to pay over $600 dollars again to process my Ohio Taxes. What do I do? Cannot file OH SD 100?

First, to enter your estimated tax payments for your local school district in TurboTax Online:

1. Open TurboTax Online
  2. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  3. On the  Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the Deductions & Credits box, then select StartContinue, or Pick up where you left off
  4. Scroll down and select the dropdown to the right of Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  5. Select  Start or Revisit to the right of Estimated Tax Payments
  6. Select  Start to the right of Local estimated taxes for 2023
  7. On the  How much did you pay in local estimated taxes? screen, enter your information.  For locality, select School District Tax, OH.  Enter the other fields based on your information
  8. Select  Continue

This will apply your payments to your school district liability.

Then, in the state portion of TurboTax, double-check which county you chose as your place of residence.  School district information populated based on which county you indicate.

Hal_Al
Level 15

Columbus CSD #2503 is a non taxing school district (SD).  You do not file a SD100.  Are you really asking about Columbus City income tax?   TurboTax does not support (can not do) Columbus City income tax.  You can file online at

https://new.columbus.gov/Government/City-Auditor/Income-Tax-Division#:~:text=The%20Columbus%20Income....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies