Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax program has the wrong idea about my IRA & I can't mover forward

I have a traditional IRA, which was initiated by a rollover from my 403b in 2021. Since I was already retired at that time, there have been no other contributions to the Traditional IRA. No problems with that re Turbo Tax last year or the year before. However, now the program is insisting that  " you told us that you received a with-drawl of an excess traditional IRA contribution from 2022 or a previous year." 

I did NO such thing and it is not true, but I cannot figure a way to get past that. The program wants we to fill in all kinds of things including info about dates of the supposed with-drawl, penalty paid etc. None of that applies. 

Any suggestions would be welcome. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

You have mistakenly entered a zero in box 2a of TurboTax's 1099-R form that reports the distribution from the traditional IRA.  Edit that form and correct box 2a to have the same amount as box 1 as shown on the Form 1099-R provided by the payer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

You have mistakenly entered a zero in box 2a of TurboTax's 1099-R form that reports the distribution from the traditional IRA.  Edit that form and correct box 2a to have the same amount as box 1 as shown on the Form 1099-R provided by the payer.

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies