Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax flags as an error my income from w-2 wage from Difficulty of Care Exempt

On my Wage & Tax statement worksheet section X,  Box 13 a is checked for excludable as difficulty of care, Box13 b has my wages listed in red ink as excludable as difficulty of care. This same box is highlighted in yellow, meaning this is an error that needs fixed. I left box 13 c blank. I do not understand why it shows up on my list of forms as needing attention. On box 13 c I tried entering the same amount as box b, but it remains yellow. I did that to see if that fixed it, it did not, so I changed it back. I used to handle this on Schedule A every year, which was the old way, and never had a problem like this. Is there something I need to correct or should I just ignore it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Turbo Tax flags as an error my income from w-2 wage from Difficulty of Care Exempt

PROBLEM SOLVED. The amount on my W-2 wages was entered by me without rounding it up, assuming it would automatically be done and it was not. When the information was automatically transferred to the worksheet it was rounded up, not by me. This made the amount in box 13 b bigger by 32 cents.  Once I rounded up the W-2 from the tax return so they matched the alert was gone. Turbo Tax should automatically round up on both lines, not just the one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies